105 - Courtside 2 Queens - Degas Room
Recently remodeled! The Degas room features two queen beds with our largest, natual hot springs bath and shower, flat panel tv, wireless internet. A/C, mini-fridge, microwave. Prints be Degas. Park infront of your room. Two minute walk to the Hot Pools!
- Two queen beds with chenille bedspreads and 4 pillows
- Large (two person) natural mineral hot springs bath & shower
- WIFI & Samsung flat panel tv with expanded basic cable
- A/C, microvave & mini-fridge
Edgar Degas was born in 1834 in Paris. He was the son of a wealthy banker. His father hoped he would study law but he enrolled in the École des Beaux-Arts in 1855 where he was trained in the classical style.
Unlike the impressionists Degas did not focus on colour and light, but emphasised composition, form and line. He is often included in the impressionists movement as he exhibited with them but he was not generally like them in style. From the mid 1870's he began to suffer from deterioration in his eyesight, and by the time of his death in 1917 he was almost blind. This was also the reason why he began to use pastels more and more and eventually abandoned oils. His art was an attempt to combine the disciplined approach of classical art with the direct approach of the impressionists. His favourite subjects were portraiture, ballet, theater and racetrack scenes. Learn more about the artist
- Bed Type
- 2 Queens
- Bath Type
- 2-Person Hot Springs Tub/Shower
- In-Room Amenities
- Flat Panel TV, Expanded Basic Cable TV, Free Wireless Internet, In-Room Geo-Thermal Heating, Eco-Friendly Soaps/Shampoos, Microwave, Mini-Fridge
- Amenity Notes
Recently Remodeled! Two person hot springs bath and shower, Samsung flat panel tv, wireless internet. No phone in room, but there is a phone in the lobby of the Home Hotel.
Recent Reviews “”